The First International Workshop on Greening the Web
Sustainable development of web services and the web infrastructure is a major concern for practitioners, industry leaders and the research community, as the cost of its energy impact is high and their usage is increasing.
The First International Workshop on Greening the Web provides a venue for researchers and practitioners to come together, discuss and exchange recent developments and approaches to tackle the energy-related issues of the web infrastructure and applications, and define a manifesto for future improvements in the field.
The workshop will focus on the key challenges in building a greener web, and explore novel techniques and architectures to build and run the next green generation of web applications, services and infrastructure.
It aims to address energy consumption, eco-design, and sustainability on topics around the web : from the physical infrastructure (data center, cloud computing, distributed equipment, networking) to the web services, application and data build on it (information and knowledge mining/retrieving/storage, web information systems, web services and applications, and the awareness for users and developers of the Web.
Topics of interests are (but not limited to):
- Green data (analyze, processing, storage, transfer)
- Raising awareness of the web’s energy impact
- Green by the Web, Green for the Web
- Sustainable web applications and services
- Green Web APIs
- Green Web UI/UX
- Green management information system
- Green management information politics
- Greening the web infrastructure: from green data centers to green edge/fog computing
- Greening blockchains
The workshop is organized in the 23rd International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE 2022).
The workshop’s website : https://greening-the-web.gitlab.io/2022/
Research papers: We solicit full research papers (12 pages), short papers (6 pages) and extended abstracts articulating key challenges and new and novel ideas (4 pages).
Tool demonstrations: Tool demonstrations related to energy measurement of web applications and services, tools for energy management and monitoring in servers and data centers, developer assistance tools, eco-design of the web, etc. are welcome. Tool demonstration submissions should be accompanied with a video recording of the tool and an extended abstract (2 to 4 pages) describing why the tool is relevant to the workshop, its architecture and experimental results.
Industry showcase: We solicit extended abstract and experience sharing papers (2 to 4 pages) from industry practitioners and researchers describing innovative approaches and solutions on greening the web (infrastructure and applications).
All the submissions must not have been published elsewhere or under review elsewhere when being considered for the workshop.
Submission format: All submissions must be in PDF format and conform, at the time of the submission, to Springer’s LNCS format.
We follow a single-blind review process.
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gzw2022
Organizing and program committees
- Adel Noureddine, Associate Professor, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (general chair)
- Olivier Le Goaër, Associate Professor, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
- Philippe Roose, Associate Professor HDR, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
- Alexandre Feugas, Software Engineer, 2MORO
- Manuele Kirsch Pinheiro, Paris 1 Sorbonne University, France
- Luis Angelo Steffenel, University of Reims, France
- Romain Rouvoy, University of Lille, IUF, France
- Luís Cruz, TU Delft
- Roberto Verdecchia, VU Amsterdam
- Patricia Stolf, Université Paul Sabatier, France
- Sergio Ilarri, Zaragoza University, Spain
- Windson Viana de Carvalho, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brasil
- Sujata Dash, North Orissa University, India
- John Booth, Carbon3IT, United Kingdom
- Adel Alti, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia
- Yudith Cardinale, Simon Bolívar University, Venezuela
- Humberto Alvarez Valera, University of Pau, France
- Umaima Haider, University of East London, United Kingdom
WISE 2022 @ Biarritz
Previous WISE Editions
- WISE 2021, Melbourne, Australia, October 26-29, 2021
- WISE 2020, Amsterdam and Leiden, The Netherlands, October 20-22, 2020
- WISE 2019, Hong Kong, China, January 19-21, 2020
- WISE 2018, Dubai, UAE, November 12-15, 2018
- WISE 2017, Puschino, Russia, October 7-11, 2017
- WISE 2016, Shanghai, China, November 8-10, 2016
- WISE 2015, Miami, FL, USA, November 1-3, 2015
- WISE 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece, October 12-14, 2014
- WISE 2013, Nanjing, China, October 13-15, 2013
- WISE 2012, Paphos, Cyprus, November 28-30, 2012
- WISE 2011, Sydney, Australia, October 13-14, 2011
- WISE 2010, Hong Kong, China, December 12-14, 2010
- WISE 2009, Poznan, Poland, October 5-7, 2009
- WISE 2008, Auckland, New Zealand, September 1-4, 2008
- WISE 2007, Nancy, France, December 3-7, 2007
- WISE 2006, Wuhan, China, October 23-26, 2006
- WISE 2005, New York, NY, USA, November 20-22, 2005
- WISE 2004, Brisbane, Australia, November 22-24, 2004
- WISE 2003, Rome, Italy, December 10-13, 2003
- WISE 2002, Singapore, December 11-14, 2002
- WISE 2001, Kyoto, Japan, 3-6 December 2001
- WISE 2000, Hong Kong, China, June 19-21, 2000