Call For Papers
We invite submissions of papers for the main conference proceedings of WISE 2022. All papers will be reviewed and accepted papers will be presented at the conference. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Information Retrieval and Recommendation for Web
- Web Information Retrieval, Search, and Text Analytics
- Web Recommender Systems
- Influence management
- Web Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Clickstream Analytics (sequential/session-based analytics)
- Web Agents and Web Intelligence
- Web Mining and Web Warehousing
- Web Big Data Management
- Graph Learning for Web applications
- Web Data Models
- Evaluation and Measurements for Web Information Systems
- Fair and Unbiased Web Models
- Web Metrics and Performance Standards
- Social Issues and Analysis on Web
- Human Factors and Social Issues
- Social Web Models and Analysis
- Crowdsourcing applications
- Distributed and Cloud Computing for Web Information Systems
- Web-scale Distributed and Cloud Computing
- Web infrastructures and architectures
- Trustworthy and Responsible Web Information Systems
- Lightweight, Green and Edge Web Information Systems
- Privacy-Preserving and Federated Information Systems
- Web Security and Trust Management
- Identity Management on the Web
- Responsible Web data engineering and analytics
- Web Applications for Economy, Society, Health, Human Being and Things
- Web-based Applications (e.g., Auction and Negotiation, e-Commerce, e-Government, e-Learning, etc.)
- Web-based Business Processes and Web Services
- Content Delivery Networks
- Extension of the Web
- Semantic Web
- Deep/Hidden Web
- Web of Things
- Rich Web UI and HCI
- Human computation
- Web Tools and Visualization
- Web application composition and mashups
- Execution models
- Web Open-sourced Datasets
Paper Submission Guidelines
Papers should be submitted in PDF format. The results described must be unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere. Submissions must conform to Springer’s LNCS format and should not exceed 15 pages, including all text, figures, references, and appendices. Submissions not conforming to the LNCS format, exceeding 15 pages, or being obviously out of the scope of the conference, will be rejected without review. Information about the Springer LNCS format can be found at Springer. Three to five keywords characterizing the paper should be indicated at the end of the abstract.
All papers should be submitted via Easychair.
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: April 8th, 2022 June 7th, 2022
- Acceptance/Rejection Notification: July 15th, 2022
- Camera-Ready Submission: August 30st, 2022
It is not appropriate to submit papers that are identical (or substantially similar) to versions that have been previously published, accepted for publication, or submitted in parallel to other conferences or journals. Such submissions violate our dual submission policy, and the organizers have the right to reject such submissions or to remove them from the proceedings.
Changes of Title/Abstract/Authorship
Authors should include a full title for their paper, as well as a complete abstract by the abstract submission deadline. Submission titles should not be modified after the abstract submission deadline, and abstracts should not be modified by more than 50% after the abstract submission deadline. Submissions violating these rules may be deleted after the paper submission deadline without reviewing. The author list at the submission deadline will be considered final, and no changes in authorship will be permitted for accepted papers.
All submitted papers MUST be anonymous. WISE 2022 is following the double-blind peer review principle. That is, the authors do not know who reviews their paper and the PC members do not know who the authors of a given paper. Thus, the submitted document should not include the author’s information and should not include citations or discussion of related work that would make the authorship apparent.
Accepted papers must contain significant novel results. Results can be either theoretical or empirical. Results will be judged on the degree to which they have been objectively established and/or their potential for scientific and technological impact. Reproducibility of results and easy availability of code will be taken into account in the decision-making process.
Accepted papers will be presented at WISE 2022 and published in the conference proceedings, which are published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Authors’ selected best papers from the conference will be invited to submit an expanded version for publication in designated special issues (WWW Journal and others).
Information to Authors
Kindly find the link to previous WISE proceedings on SpringerLink: https://link.springer.com/conference/wise. The book metrics available on SpringerLink give details on the number of citations, downloads, and readers at paper level and at book level.
Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ instructions and use the proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes relating to the authorship of the papers cannot be made.
If any of the authors contributing to WISE 2022 are interested in Open Access or Open Choice, please refer to our webpage for prices and additional information. We would need the invoicing address and the CC-BY licence-to-publish agreement at the same time as the files for the publication.
Additional Features and Services
Springer’s proceedings LaTeX templates are available in Overleaf.
Please feel free to take a look at what is new in proceedings publishing, for example concerning proceedings publication and access in times of COVID-19 or regarding data publishing at Springer.
Roughly one month after publication, all authors who have included their email addresses in the headers of their papers will receive an email containing a coded personal access link, which will enable them to download the PDF of their paper directly from SpringerLink.
The conference is organized in a Hybrid mode which allows for both on-site paper presentations and online presentations. The on-site part is the main mode of the hybrid conference. The online part is held for those participants who cannot travel to France or cannot get European visa.
Diversity & Inclusion Guidelines
We support Diversity & Inclusion at this conference and we kindly ask authors to adopt inclusive language in their papers and presentations (inclusive writing and inclusive talks)
WISE 2022 @ Biarritz
Previous WISE Editions
- WISE 2021, Melbourne, Australia, October 26-29, 2021
- WISE 2020, Amsterdam and Leiden, The Netherlands, October 20-22, 2020
- WISE 2019, Hong Kong, China, January 19-21, 2020
- WISE 2018, Dubai, UAE, November 12-15, 2018
- WISE 2017, Puschino, Russia, October 7-11, 2017
- WISE 2016, Shanghai, China, November 8-10, 2016
- WISE 2015, Miami, FL, USA, November 1-3, 2015
- WISE 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece, October 12-14, 2014
- WISE 2013, Nanjing, China, October 13-15, 2013
- WISE 2012, Paphos, Cyprus, November 28-30, 2012
- WISE 2011, Sydney, Australia, October 13-14, 2011
- WISE 2010, Hong Kong, China, December 12-14, 2010
- WISE 2009, Poznan, Poland, October 5-7, 2009
- WISE 2008, Auckland, New Zealand, September 1-4, 2008
- WISE 2007, Nancy, France, December 3-7, 2007
- WISE 2006, Wuhan, China, October 23-26, 2006
- WISE 2005, New York, NY, USA, November 20-22, 2005
- WISE 2004, Brisbane, Australia, November 22-24, 2004
- WISE 2003, Rome, Italy, December 10-13, 2003
- WISE 2002, Singapore, December 11-14, 2002
- WISE 2001, Kyoto, Japan, 3-6 December 2001
- WISE 2000, Hong Kong, China, June 19-21, 2000